Collection and Use of Personal Information
You can visit techdayhq.com without revealing any personal information. However, Continental Exhibitions, Inc. needs certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products, register to attend our event, or receive our newsletter.
Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. Continental Exhibitions, Inc. will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your exhibitor account, to contact you regarding new products and services, and to provide to third-party sponsors of all TechDay events.
Collection and User of Non-Personal Information
techdayhq.com automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Continental Exhibitions, Inc. may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Continental Exhibitions, Inc. may disclose your personal information to third parties who sponsor our TechDay events. We will share personal information for these purposes to only who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information and contact frequency.
If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information via techdayhq.com. If you have provided personal information to and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Continental Exhibitions, Inc. at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, techdayhq.com does take steps to ennsure we keep your personal information as secure as possible. In certain areas of our website, as identified on the site, techdayhq.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, and physical security measures.
Continental Exhibitions, Inc. may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically.
Continental Exhibitions (which owns and operates TechDay and all of its subsidiaries) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to attend our events, subscribing to our services, requesting, applying for or entering further services, making an enquiry or reporting a problem. This may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, address, phone and email address.
- In order to improve our communications with you as well as improve our products and services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information about you such as your professional interests and your experiences with us as well as more detailed contact preferences. When you provide us with any personal information you consent to us collecting and using that information according to your preferences.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access and/or download.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We will do our best to protect your personal data, though we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our service.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or direct mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or which you have shown an interest in.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or direct mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or which you have shown an interest in.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If said third party provide services for us, limited to the following purposes:
- Understanding the use of our site and making improvements
- Administering a mailing list for customers that have registered for such list
- Responding to requests from or providing any necessary notices to you
- Protecting the security or integrity of our site
- Otherwise administering or managing our site software.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, participants, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of said website.
- The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a one week information retrieval period while we provide you with details of the information we hold about you.
- The TechDay Team
- T: +1 (212) 380-8730
- T: +44 (0)20 3389 9405
- email: Outreach@techdayhq.com
- We endeavour to process all requests as promptly as practical, however please note that you may continue to receive existing communications for a transitional period whilst we update your preferences.