With the increase of mobile usage among people around the globe, the need for mobile is escalating at a non-stoppable rate. Hybrid mobile app development is the escalating trend of the mobile industry.
Talking about hybrid mobile apps then these apps are easy to adapt in a faster manner on the device screens and display streamline data instantly. The best thing about hybrid apps is that they are simpler and quicker to develop as compared to any native app.
Reasons that encourages businesses to adopt hybrid mobile app development
- The most important reason for adopting hybrid mobile app development is that it is budget-friendly as its cost is just half of the native app development.
- Highly scalable platform as once the development is completed, the apps can be utilized on different platforms.
- In hybrid app development, there is no need for any approval as you can have full access to all the automatic updates.
- No need of decoding every line and this avoids the unnecessary time and efforts that are being used in maintaining an app.
- Users can access hybrid apps even in offline mode and this is the major feature of hybrid apps.
At times, you might get confused about picking any one framework for hybrid app development. For solving your confusion, we had portrayed the top 5 frameworks that are used for hybrid app development.
Have a look below at the details of every framework -
There is no doubt in saying that React Native Development is the most preferred and famous hybrid app development technology that is used by mobile app developers. The first-ever stable build for React Native was released by one of the most renowned companies Facebook in 2019. Its popularity is growing day by day and most of the firms are adopting this framework for building the most amazing mobile apps. You can opt for hybrid app development using react native if you are aiming to get the best outcome.
Leveraging points of React Native
- React Native uses many different ready to use components that helps in speeding up the whole process of development.
- The most important leveraging point of React Native lies in easily finding all types of bugs.
- React Native encourages maximum code reusability for avoiding the extra time, energy, and money.
- It has the best Live Reload feature in which the first screen is for modifying code and the second one for previewing the changes that you had just made.
Drawbacks of React Native
- Somewhere React Native still faces a gap for navigation components that can offer contact user experience.
- The documentation is very poor to React Native as the developers are not much experienced.
- It needs some more scope for enhancing the hardware areas.
- Limited scope for third-party solutions.
- React Native has issues with compatibility and instability.
Popular brands using React Native
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Uber Eats
Ionic is considered as one of the fastest cross-platform app development frameworks that are used for creating hybrid mobile apps. It has a robust framework that helps in building the Progressive Web Apps. Ionic was released in 2013 in the market and till now more than 5+ million apps have been built with ionic. The CSS of this framework allows us to easily render a beautiful look for all the applications.
Highlighted points of Ionic
- Using Ionic, you have the best advantage of developing once, and putting them to all the supported platforms is just an attempt.
- It consists of massive UI components that are used for creating an eye-catchy user interface in the app.
- Ionic helps in creating robust and feature-loaded apps using the combination of Ionic+Angular JS.
- It offers the best built-in support for material design.
- The Ionic framework has the top documentation support with a strong community.
Points that you should be aware of
- Ionic apps do not offer the best performance as they were created for any particular platform.
- It has a lot of dependency on plugins that may affect the overall app performance.
- Ionic has complex in-app navigation.
- It has no such feature of hot reloading for making changes in real-time.
Reputed firms using Ionic
Flutter is making its solid place among the emerging and evolving hybrid mobile app development frameworks. The origin of Flutter was particularly done for Google Fuchsia but after that, it is still shining in the marketplace using a single codebase. Flutter has its programming language - Dart which is a combination of Java and Kotlin. It helps developers to build highly-productive apps with its single codebase for iOS and Android platforms.
Spectacular things about Flutter
- It has a different level of cross-platform ability which is unmatched with any other framework.
- Fluter has the hot reloading feature that permits the developer to see the app changes instantly.
- It has the best compatibility with multiple operational systems.
- Flutter offers you CLI and VI editors and is best compatible with Fuchsia and Google’s mobile OS.
- It offers an impressive speed which is best for a hybrid app framework.
Drawbacks of Flutter
- It has a limited community and few experts that are working at Alibaba and Google.
- The app size is restricted to 4MB minimum.
- Flutter has no set of free advanced tools.
- As the platform is new in the market, it will take little time to show its real capability.
- Flutter apps are usually 40% huge as compared to any native app.
Companies using Flutter
- Google Ads
- Hamilton Musical
- Birch Finance
- Coach Yourself
There are around 1.4 million developers in the community that supports Xamarin and it is mostly famous for its principle that says “Write Once, Run Anytime”. Ever since its release in the market, it was acquired by Microsoft in 2016 and then became the most popular mobile app development framework. Xamarin allows you to build universal applications and have the benefit of running them on diverse devices without compromising the native design.
Things you must know about Xamarin
- It offers a simple testing feature.
- Xamarin always gets huge support from Microsoft and consists of advanced tools.
- Most of the code is reusable between iOS and Android.
- Xamarin offers the best performance and is effective in creating and testing and tracking the performance of mobile apps.
- It gets the best hardware support that helps to work with plugins and APIs for offering the best functionality.
Things of which you should be aware of
- It comes with a huge price for its business license.
- Flutter does not support the integration of applications.
- It has a limited pool of experienced professionals.
- Flutter does not offer much access to technologies.
- It offers support for some technical components that are present in its library.
Renowned firms using Xamarin
- Fox Sports
- The World Bank
Advantages of PhoneGap
- It is highly compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows 7.
- With the use of PhoneGap, the whole design becomes easier.
- It is a fast development framework that can build apps in very little time.
- It is an easy-to-learn platform.
- Highly flexible platform with a rapid testing process which is very easy to perform.
Disadvantages of PhoneGap
- The gap of UI widgets in the framework.
- It does not offer the best performance as compared to other frameworks.
- It does not get much support from huge enterprises.
- It is best suited for app prototypes.
- Apps that are built using PhoneGap are slow.
In this article, we had tried our best to portray the top 5 emerging and mostly used hybrid mobile app development frameworks. If you are going to make one choice then you must first read every bit of information that is displayed above. The final call will depend on your business requirements as every framework has its specialty.