Increasing sales is the primary objective of countless businesses. But whether you own a small startup or work for a big player such as Amazon, boosting sales through online channels usually looks easier than it actually is.
Luckily, there are many things you can do to improve your sales, most of which you can implement immediately. In this article, we are discussing 6 actionable tactics you can use to make more sales.
1. Make Buying From You Easier
Today’s customers have a short attention span, so you have about ten seconds to capture their attention when they first land on your website. Whether they’re simply browsing or have already decided to make a purchase, be sure not to make them think too hard in order to find what they’re looking for.
Here are the main 3 rules to follow:
- Don’t make your site navigation complicated. Place the navigation bar at the top of the page because that’s where users expect to find it.
- Don’t make visitors register in order to make purchases.
- Be sure your checkout process is as short as possible and don’t insist on collecting a ton of information from shoppers. The longer and more complicated the checkout process is, the more likely they are to drop their shopping carts and go to your competitors.
2. Use Social Media
Any business needs to be marketed and social media is one of the best ways to do it. Making your business presence on social platforms known will not only open you up to a new audience but also allow your existing customers to find you in another place.
Make sure that your business profiles embody your brand and that your posts speak in its tone. Engage with your followers, ask for their opinions, and reward them with coupons from time to time. Social media can also be used as an effective customer service tool, allowing you to address any issues customers might have quickly and efficiently.
Of course, being active on multiple social media channels can be quite time-consuming, which is why you should consider using effective social media automation tools. Automating your social media marketing campaigns allows you to become more efficient in maintaining cohesive brand identity across multiple social platforms. For example, using a specialized Instagram automation tool can make it a lot easier to manage your feed by allowing you to schedule Instagram posts, learn the best times to post, preview your feed via a drag-and-drop calendar, etc.
3. Optimize Your Product Pages
If you want to increase your sales, you need to make sure that your site and your products are easy to find online. This can be achieved by optimizing your product pages for SEO.
There are a few elements you need to pay attention to, in order for your products to be found on search engines. Start by customizing your page URL and writing killer title tags and meta descriptions. When creating your product description, be specific and choose the right keywords to implement into your text. Write about every functionality of your product and the benefits it will bring your customers. Don’t forget the descriptions of your images, i.e. the alt text, as they can help your photos rank well on Google Images, getting you more traction.
4. Start a Blog
Blogging helps boost sales by improving the rankings of your product pages and increasing your brand awareness. A successful, regularly updated blog will help you to rank higher in SERPs when shoppers are looking to buy from you. Here are a few basic guidelines to follow when starting a blog.
- Be sure to post blogs consistently as Google rewards those who publish fresh, new content on their sites.
- Blog about topics your audience will find helpful. Sharing tips, tutorials, and perspectives will help you establish yourself as an expert in your industry and make your brand more trustworthy.
- Don’t forget to optimize your blog posts for SEO. Identify a few important keywords you want to rank for and include them in your blog title, naturally throughout your text, and in the image alt-tags.
- Finally, seal the deal by including a CTA (call-to-action) at the end of every blog post.
5. Offer Outstanding Customer Service
Before making a purchase from a site, customers want to be reassured. Offering great customer service is a great way to help them buy from you with confidence. Here are a few things you need to pay special attention to:
- One strategy is to offer a money-back guarantee, i.e. ensure customers that if they aren’t satisfied, you will return their money.
- You should also make sure to respond to all customer queries and complaints as fast as possible. For this purpose, offer multiple channels where customers can reach you, such as live chat, phone, and email.
- If you sell physical products, make sure shipping is prompt and allow customers to track their orders.
6. Display Customer Reviews
When buying online, shoppers can be hesitant when it comes to stores they have never shopped at before. That’s why they usually turn to past customers that have left reviews. In fact, research has found that 85% of shoppers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. For that reason, it is important that you offer a place where customers can add their reviews.
In addition to providing some insight to other customers looking at the same products, customer reviews are also a platform for you to reply and show that you value customer feedback. This will help you further establish trust and give hesitant shoppers the push they need in order to finally make that purchase.
Have your online sales started to slow down? Or maybe a new competition has disrupted your otherwise successful sales streak? This can seriously affect your profits, which is why your need to raise your game.
These 6 tactics are the key ingredients you need in order to run a successful online business that is going to attract the right customers and make more sales.