In 2020, many businesses needed to respond to unprecedented changes and learn how to adapt to the new normal. However, everyone is hoping for a better 2021 and a lot of business owners are looking for different ways they can grow their companies this year.
Even though the previous year has been tough on everyone, there are still some lessons we learned and can now take into consideration. If you want to have a more prosperous and successful year, you need to apply effective marketing strategies that will help you grow your business.
Use the right tools
Running a business takes a lot of work, and if you’re a business owner, you know how hard it is to stay on top of everything that needs to be done. Luckily, this issue has become less prevalent thanks to technological advancement and tools that were made specifically to make your job easier.
Many segments of your business can be improved and made easier with tools. However, as there is a wide variety of different software on the market, you need to do your research and find the right tools for your business that fit your niche.
For instance, if you have to deal with documents on a day to day basis, you need a tool like Microsoft PowerApps that will help you provide web-based, electronic forms to people inside and outside your business. For example, if you run a business in the super-busy area of New Jersey, you’ll be able to make your business more productive with the help of a PowerApps consultant in New Jersey.
But before you make any kind of decision, take a good look at your business processes and see what kind of tool would be a good fit for the majority of your team, if not everyone. If only a few people within your company can find the tool useful, then it would probably be a waste of money.
Once you’re sure you’ve selected the perfect tools, make sure to organize a course on how to use them so all of your employees are aware of the new tools and their functionality.
If you organize webinars, you will be able to have one-on-one communication with a lot of your existing and potential customers and with your suppliers as well. Webinars are very similar to seminars and they allow organizations to bring together a large group of people, except they’re organized online.
This online approach to seminars is much more affordable than the traditional one, it is one of the best available marketing platforms and also has many benefits such as:
- Establishing authority. If you’re looking to grow your business, you need to show your potential customers that you’re an expert in your field of expertise. By hosting webinars, you can provide your audience with insightful and valuable information that will address all of their questions.
- Having a wider reach. Those who are looking to reach a global audience can do so easily as long as they have access to an internet-enabled device.
- Getting more high-quality leads. You can’t hope for success unless you have a plethora of leads that have a high potential to become customers. As much as 73% of marketers consider webinars to be the best way to generate quality leads and you can easily do the same.
- Building trust. Online webinars can help you show potential customers the human side of your brand and allow them to see the face behind the company. This will make it much easier for them to connect to your business on a personal level and in turn, build trust and brand recognition.
To organize the perfect webinar, you need to choose the best webinar tools that will allow you not only to live stream but also provide you with more chances to grow your business. With the right tool, you will be able to grow your email list and collect user feedback, among other things.
Make cybersecurity a priority
Cybersecurity is something all tech businesses need to think about this year because even in 2021, the number of hacks, security breaches, and cyberattacks will probably keep increasing. Statistics show that an attack is launched every 39 seconds or 2,244 times per day.
If a cyberattack occurs, it will completely ruin your business so it’s essential to have a cybersecurity plan. Some of the things you can do to ensure you’re secure are to hire skilled cybersecurity professionals, have a plan for potential data breaches, and train all of your employees.
There are a few ways enhanced cybersecurity can help you grow your business:
- Give your customers peace of mind. With cyber threats constantly on the rise, consumers are becoming smarter and more educated about the importance of keeping their personal data safe. If you prove to your customers that you realize the importance of cybersecurity, you’ll promote loyalty and trust.
- Make easier connections with partners. As your business grows, you will probably need to find new business partners and investors. Unless you have the proper security measures in place, you will never be able to establish a trusted relationship and partnership with them.
- Seize more opportunities. Companies that have a strong cybersecurity strategy have the potential to seize various opportunities. With a good layer of security, you will be able to expand your business globally, migrate applications and data to the cloud, and offer managed services.
Create technology customers actually need
While this sounds like an obvious thing, many tech companies are trying to build a competitive advantage through hyped-up new technologies. Businesses nowadays know how important digital transformation is, and certain tech companies are looking to take advantage of that.
For the longest time, the main focus for many businesses in various niches has been to implement the newest cutting-edge technology. However, emerging technologies can be a double-edged sword, because what’s newest isn’t necessarily the right fit for certain companies.
It’s important to realize that you will never grow your business if you’re focusing on having the newest and shiniest product on the market. If you want to see progress and growth, you need to create a product that your customers are interested in and will solve their issues.
If you want to differentiate yourself from the competition, you need to bring solutions to your customers, and not just the latest fad. In 2021, the next wave of innovation will have a focus on artisan IT.
This term is used to describe custom solutions that direct all of their focus on an existing problem. These solutions aren’t meant to be seen as the newest cutting-edge technology that everyone must have, but as the ideal solution for a specific issue.
Even though 2020 hasn’t been easy for many companies, that doesn’t mean that 2021 can’t be a year of growth and prosperity. A lot of different businesses will thrive this year, but those who are in the tech industry have one of the higher chances of growth due to digital transformation.
Although the path toward growth isn’t easy, as long as you know all the best ways to grow a tech business in 2021, all of your hard work will soon pay off.